For my second week, I chose a song that I am going to play for my project.
I've had a list in my head of songs that I've always wanted to play on the guitar, but when I went to chose a song, I couldn't remember the songs that what I wanted to play.
It took me quite a while to find a song. I would listen to a bunch of songs, some I liked, and some I didn't. When I found a song that I liked, I looked up the chords for the song, and found that it would be too difficult for me to play and perform. 
After a long search, I finally found a song that I want to learn. I chose the song "Angel in Blue Jeans" by Train.
It took me a while to find a song, but I finally found one that I am going to enjoy playing. :)
Nice! I like your use of non-traditional learning methods. Will you learn more than one song if the first is a smashing success? Learning guitar is a great way to increase your musical talents. Next, you should learn banjo!
ReplyDeleteI really like the song you chose! I know you will be great! I did want to ask if you are learning the song on youtube or just from the cords online? I have seen you play and you are really good! Have you taken lessons before or are you all self learned? That would give me hope to learning guitar myself. I know you will do great and keep up the hard work!
ReplyDeleteCecelia- Yes, I plan on continuing to learn different songs after my Genius hour project is completed! I hope to learn to the point where I can play almost anything! Dominick- I learned the chords from online, however, this last week I learned the strumming style (which I will discuss in my next blog entry). I am all self learned! I wish I could take some lessons from someone, but I don't know anyone who can teach me nearby. My sister-in-law knows how to play the guitar, but she lives in Utah so I cannot ask her for tips very easily. Thank you guys for your support! :)
ReplyDelete