For my week four, I've just been continuing to practice the song over and over. I am getting better at the song each time I play it, but I am continuing to struggle. I have practiced a lot, but I can only play for a short period of time because my fingers start to ache. They start to sting, and soon I can hardly hold down a string. I also am getting these ugly calluses on the tips of my fingers which makes it so I can't feel anything I touch. You'd think that after all this time, and because of the dumb calluses, that my fingers wouldn't hurt so much. But I guess I'm
So every time my fingers start to hurt, there goes some practicing for a while. That's what happens I guess!>>The photo isn't of my fingers, but this is what they look like.
To answer your questions Hope, I will update this blog (when I have time haha) with a video to explain the difference between the two types of strumming patterns, and the different sound it makes.

Wow the calluses would be awful! What part of the song is the most difficult to learn ie) remembering the chords, keeping tempo, or moving your hands fast enough? I've tried to learn the guitar before, but to no avail. I'm glad you're sticking with it and I can't wait to hear you play!
ReplyDeleteI think that the think I am struggling with is moving my hands fast enough from chord to chord. I know which chord is next, and I know where to place my fingers, but I continue to struggle with moving my fingers fast enough.
DeleteDon't know if moms are allowed to comment, but this blog is awesome! Thanks for letting me spy and check it out! It's been fun hearing you play and improve! You're a quick study! I wish I had the magic touch you do! Keep playing through the pain and soon there won't be any pain. Anything worth doing has a cost of some sort. Pay the price and develop the ability. It's worth every short fingernail and developed callus! The time you spend and the effort you put in will end up being a blessing to you. From hard work comes great rewards! Love from Mom;@)
ReplyDeleteMy gosh Mom. XD Anyways, thank you:*
DeleteI see that you have a great support system at home! Lol! I can tell that your tiny fingers and the strain they have been through is your worst problem. But like you said hopefully they get callused enough to where you do not feel the pain anymore. I wish I knew the song you were going to play but it turns out that when you play it in class that will be the first time I have heard it. That is a plus because I will have no idea if you messed it up or not if you keep on playing! Maybe others in class will be in a similar situation like me! Practice makes perfect! Go Makenna! And one question, is the chorus the easiest part to learn?
ReplyDeleteThanks Jenna! Well the chorus is just a bunch of oo's/ah's so yeah I'd have to say that's the easiest part;) Throughout the song it mostly has the same chord progression as the chorus, so that definitely helps make it easier for me to remember, and to play!
DeleteLove the trump meme. Anyways, it seems that you are making great progress with your genius hour. How long do you spend practicing? Hope your guitar fingers get better.
ReplyDelete