Thursday, January 12, 2017

Week 5



Week 5 wasn't very exciting, but that's alright. My brother and his wife came up for Christmas, so i just hung out with them the entire time, so it was a good week! 

My sister-in-law plays the guitar, so she gave me a little mini lesson, and gave me a lot of good tips! She suggested that I get a capo which lets you change the key of whatever song you're playing, so that's up next on my shopping list. She helped me learn a different way of playing the song Hallelujah (the first song I learned) and taught me a couple little things to do that made it sound more like the song. This included teaching me a different strumming style, and teaching me individual notes to play to help transition from chord to chord. It was great getting tips from someone who knows how to play the guitar, in person!

I continued to practice my other song, but it's coming along quite slowly, so hopefully I'll be ready in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment